Wednesday, September 15, 2010

WHY THIS BLOG?

With the creation of this blog, I have now three (3) blogs in blogspot.
This is dedicated to bringing to you my adventures in talking with people from different cultures and often in different tongues.
I have thought about having the blog titled A THOUSAND TONGUES for the 800 or so different language groups in my country - and my learning phrases from other languages.
However I have decided that instead of the word 'tongues' I will use the word 'nations' which can allow me room to discuss other aspects of different cultures instead of just talking about languages.

Tomorrow (16th September) PNG celebrates its 35th independence anniversary. Most of what will be broadcasted on the radio stations will be in three national languages of PNG: English, Pidgin and Motu.
More will be said about these different languages later!

No comments:

Post a Comment